Ginger can be used in a variety of ways. When it comes to cooking you can put it in your stir fry, use it as a garnish or add it to stew and curries. There are infinite dishes that ginger can be incorporated into, but did you know that drinking ginger tea can also help with nausea or an upset stomach?
According to Chinese Medicine, ginger is an herb that is warming, can reduce toxicity, helps with nausea, vomiting and helps eradicate an oncoming cold. One of the easiest ways to help nausea is to make a simple ginger tea. Ginger tea is soothing and comforting and can even be enjoyed as a nice digestive after a meal. Not only is fresh ginger tea easy to make, but it’s natural and has more flavor, in my opinion.
Fresh Ginger Tea
- 1/2 – 1 inch piece of organic fresh ginger root ( thinly slice or chopped)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of filtered water
- Pour water into sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add ginger (The more ginger that you add, the spicier the tea will be).
- Reduce to simmer and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain tea into cup.